This post contains affiliate links.
As the summer temps start heating up, we start reaching for the perfect shower beer that’s easy, as well as refreshing.
We asked 15 friends, “What’s Your Go-To Shower Beer?” It turns out, they’re reaching for everything from your typical light lager (PBR) to a dark porter (City Lights Coconut Porter) — and yes, even a Milkshake IPA.
Here are your answers – you won’t believe some of them!
What’s Your Go-To Shower Beer?
- Space Dust, or Pseudo Sue, or any IPA – Kyle from San Francisco, California
- A good session IPA or Velveteen Habit – Mitch from Hartland, Wisconsin
- Any beer that is cold works for me. – Matt from West Bend, Wisconsin
- My knee jerk reaction is a PBR – Caleb from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- A lite beer or a cold rosé. – Angie from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Something light, maybe a Sol. – Shelly from San Francisco, California
- Michelob over ice in my yeti! – Meghan from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Hop Happy or MKE IPA – Ryan from Mequon
- I can go two ways – a Double IPA for a hot shower and the coldest crisp lager in a cold shower on a hot day! – Nate from Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- I love a good Bud Light Lime in the shower! – Todd from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Whatever is cold and in the fridge. I prefer something crisp and refreshing though, like a Modelo or a lager of sorts. – Brad from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- A Strawberry Milkshake IPA. – Dana from Pittsburgh, PA
- Bud Light because it’s crushable. I can have the whole thing in a 5 minute shower. It’s an accelerator to get to the next point of my day. – Matt from Saint Louis
- City Lights Coconut Porter. – Ken from Germantown, Wisconsin
- Spotted Cow – Jim from Brookfield, Wisconsin
It feels like we can learn a lot about ones shower habits based on their Go- To Shower Beer. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not. Oh well.
Thicker more decadent beers would suggest a longer more relaxed shower vs an ice cold light beer insinuates a quick boost and/or base to get the rest of your day or evening going.