Pabst Blue Ribbon has been synonymous with lagers for decades. But this year, it seems Pabst is taking a break from beer and tapping into other alcoholic delights.
In 2019 they launched a PBR branded whiskey. And now, in 2020, they’ve launched Stronger Seltzer, Hard Coffee, and Hard Tea.
We are a Beer blog, but we always like to be in the loop when a major game player makes a pivot in their offering. Breweries are based on experimentation and today we are taste testing all three of these new releases.
Pabst’s seltzer drinks come in Lime and Wild Berry both at 8% ABV.
- Appearance: Clear and Bubbly
- Smell: Sweet and Refreshing
- Taste: Fruity but not too obnoxious
- Mouthfeel: Like any other seltzer
- Overall: I was surprised how easy-drinking these seltzers are.
The 5% ABV Hard Coffee is a more approachable version of an Irish coffee. Yes, it does have caffeine and is made with Arabica and Robusta coffee beans, vanilla, and “rich, creamy American milk.”
- Appearance: Coffee with Creamer
- Overall: To be clear, this is definitely not beer. It is a malty beverage and coffee medley.
This new summer-inspired alcoholic sweet tea is brewed with tea leaves and natural peach flavor. Each 12oz can of Pabst Hard Tea has 3 grams of sugar, 100 calories, and is 4% ABV.
- Appearance: Like your average Iced Tea
- Smell: Like peach Snapple, but better.
- Taste: Delightful natural peach flavor – perfect amount of sweetness.
- Mouthfeel: Easy and Refreshing
- Overall: Might just be my go-to drink when I want to start off day-drinking a little different than usual.